Since its inception in 1989, the ACCESS Community Health & Research Center (CHRC) has become the largest and most comprehensive Arab community-based health and mental health center in North America. When the CHRC officially opened its new facility in 2003, it became the first of its kind nationwide—a fully integrated community health “one-stop service center” that is comprised of medical, public health and research, mental health and environment programs.
The center’s mission is to provide public health programs and research opportunities that focus on the needs of Arab Americans locally and nationwide. In addition, the center serves as a training site for residents, nurses, and health professionals in collaboration with the University of Michigan School of Public Health and Wayne State University Schools of Medicine, Pharmacy and Nursing.
ACCESS Community Health & Research Center accepts all forms of insurance; for the uninsured, charges are based on a sliding scale fee schedule. Read more about the CHRC in this comprehensive booklet.
Primary Care: Traditional internal medicine and family medicine services include standard physical examinations, periodic check-ups, immunizations, pap smears, breast examinations, and family counseling.
Specialty Care: Obstetrics and gynecology services are provided in partnership with Henry Ford Health System, General Surgery and Oncology.
• Pharmacy located on the premises
• Complete laboratory services provided in partnership with DMC University Lab
• Radiology to provide comventional diagnostic X-Ray exams, mammography and ultrasound
• Arab American Tobacco Use (AATU)
• Breast and Cervical Cancer Control Program (BCCCP)
• Child and Adolescent Health Center (CAHC)
• Colorectal Cancer Education and Screening Program
• MIChild/Healthy Kids Program
• Pediatric Medicine
• Refugee Health Assessment Program (RHAP)
• Senior Citizen Medical Screening Program
• Teen Health Clinic (THC)
• Women, Infant and Children Program (WIC)
• Michigan Cancer Consortium (MCC)