Please consider this document as formal Request for Proposal (RFP) for snow removal services for ACCESS. Bids should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 am October 15th, 2018. Bids must be accompanied by a completed version of the RFP document located at https://www.accesscommunity.org/download/file/fid/203 and 3 references.
All invitations to bid issued by ACCESS will bind bidders and successful bidders to the conditions and requirements set forth in this Scope of Work, and such conditions shall form an integral part of any purchase contract awarded.
All bidders shall contact Director of Facilities Mark Paul at 313-720-6318 (cell), email@example.com between the hours of 9 am & 4 pm M-F to review the scope of work and/or participate in a site visit of all facilities.
Scope of Work:
ACCESS requests a seasonal snow removal price, with ice melt/salt/brine included, for the noted locations in Schedule A. All locations include parking lot plowing, salt/ice melt, clearing of walks (from edge to edge or edge to street where applicable) and entries & emergency exits unless otherwise specified in Schedule B. Vendor agrees to furnish all labor, materials and insurance to perform the above work.
• We are requesting a 2 year contract with fixed pricing
• Service event (plow, de-ice, shoveling) will be triggered when there is a minimum of 1.5” of snow or more.
• Snow must be properly placed to minimize loss of parking spaces.
• Vendor(s) shall be responsible for all repairs or damages to ACCESS property caused by his/her equipment, personnel or materials used.
• The Vendor is to report to Facilities Manager and/or his designee and will cooperate and confer with him/her as necessary to insure satisfactory work progress. Furthermore, any operator leaving ACCESS sites in an unsatisfactory condition will be required to return and complete the job with no additional compensation.
Vendor Selection Criteria - ACCESS reserves the right to reject any or all bids, in part or in total, for any objective or subjective reason whatsoever. Late bids will not be accepted. If a proposal is selected, it will be the most advantageous regarding price (See: "Low Bidder" following), quality of service, the Vendors' qualifications and capabilities to provide the specified service, and other factors which the ACCESS may consider. ACCESS does not intend to award a bid fully on the basis of any response made to the proposal; ACCESS reserves the right to consider proposals for modifications at any time before a Bid would be awarded, and negotiations would be undertaken with that Vendor whose proposal is deemed to best meet ACCESS' specifications and needs. ACCESS at its sole discretion may award this bid to one or several contractors whatever is deemed in the best interest of ACCESS.
Low Bidder: The lowest responsive, responsible bid will be based on the cost per month per facility, demonstrated ability to perform the work and history of performance.
Legal Requirements – The Contractor will comply with all federal, state and local laws & regulations, including but not limited to all applicable OSHA/MIOSHA requirements and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Contract Changes/Modifications - Changes mutually agreed upon by the ACCESS and the Contractor will be incorporated into this contract by written amendments signed by both parties.
Contingent Upon Funding - Contracts conditioned upon availability of funds. If funding is cut and services must be reduced or discontinued, a 30-day notice will be provided.
Disputes - Any disputes arising out of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Michigan.
Overpayments - Contract debts are amounts that have been paid to a contractor to which the contractor is not currently entitled under the terms and conditions of the contract; or are otherwise due from the contractor under the terms and conditions of the contract.
Schedule of Service & Delays - Snow removal will be completed by no later than 8:00 am, seven (7) days a week. During business hours, snow will be removed within two hours of end of snowfall, seven (7) days a week. In the case that the Contractor(s) cannot meet the deadlines in this Scope of Work, the ACCESS may contract out these duties itself and receive from the vendor the cost incurred.
Termination for Convenience: ACCESS may terminate this contract at any time for any reason by giving at least thirty (30) days’ notice in writing to the Vendor. If the contract is terminated by the ACCESS as provided herein, the vendor will be paid a pro-rated payment as negotiated with the ACCESS for the work completed as of the date of termination.
Termination for Cause - ACCESS may terminate the whole or any part of this Agreement, by written notice of default to Vendor, in any one of the following circumstances:
(a) if Vendor fails to perform any duties or obligations within the time specified herein or any written extension thereof granted by Customer;
(b) if Vendor so fails to make progress as to endanger performance of this Agreement in accordance with its terms;
(c) if Vendor fails to comply with any of the material terms and conditions of this Agreement. Such termination shall become effective if Vendor does not cure such failure within a period of ten (10) days after written notice of default by Customer;
(d) If the other party is declared insolvent or bankrupt, or makes an assignment for the benefit of creditors, or a receiver is appointed or any proceeding is demanded by, for or against the other under any provision of the Federal Bankruptcy Act or any amendment thereof.
Upon termination, ACCESS may procure, upon such terms as it shall deem appropriate, services similar to those so terminated. Vendor shall continue performance of this Agreement to the extent not terminated.
Payment - ACCESS payment terms are 14 business days from receipt of invoice. Invoicing will be done on a monthly basis for equal amounts of the entire contract during the snow season. ACCESS, by law, is exempt from State and Federal Taxes.
Term – ACCESS is requesting a 2 year contract for snow services beginning November 1, 2016.
Insurance Requirements - The Vendor will maintain at its own expense during the term of this Contract, the following insurance:
1. Workers' Compensation Insurance with Michigan statutory limits and
Employers Liability Insurance with a minimum limit of $100,000 each
accident for any employee.
2. Comprehensive/Commercial General Liability Insurance with a combined
single limit of $1,000,000 each occurrence for bodily injury and property damage. ACCESS shall be added as "additional insured" on general liability policy with respect to the services provided under this contract.
3. Automobile Liability Insurance covering all owned, hired and non-owned vehicles with Personal Protection Insurance and Property Protection Insurance to comply with the provisions of the Michigan No Fault Insurance Law, including residual liability insurance with a minimum combined single limit of $1,000,000 each accident for bodily injury and property damage.
Insurance policies shall not contain endorsements or policy conditions which reduce coverage provided to ACCESS. Vendor shall be responsible to ACCESS or insurance companies insuring ACCESS for all costs resulting from both financially unsound insurance companies selected by Vendor and their inadequate insurance coverage. Vendor shall furnish the Facilities Manager with satisfactory certificates of insurance or a certified copy of the policy, if requested by the Facilities Manager.
Schedule A: Locations
Main Office, 2651 Saulino Ct, Dearborn, MI 48120 (313) 842-7010
Arab American National Museum, 13624 Michigan Ave, Dearborn, MI 48126 (313) 582-2266
The Annex, 13620 Michigan Ave, Dearborn, MI 48126
Community Health & Research Center, 6450 Maple St, Dearborn, MI 48126 (313) 216-2200
Employment & Human Services Center, 6451 Schaefer Rd, Dearborn, MI 48126 (313) 945-8380
Hope House, 6470 Williamson St, Dearborn, MI 48126 (313) 582-5979
LSSM, 4247 E. 14 Mile Rd, Sterling Heights, MI 48310
Community Health & Research Center – Macomb County, 4301 E. 14 Mile Rd, Sterling Heights, MI 48310 (586) 722-6036
Schedule B: Additional Information
- ACCESS Schaefer Employment & Human Services Center 6451 Schaefer Rd. – Service/pricing combined with ACCESS Maple Community Health & Research Center 6450 Maple St. location as they share a parking lot. Invoice to reflect both addresses.
- ACCESS Main Office 2651 Saulino Court - Service additional parking wells off Saulino Ct. and Lowrey St., surrounding the facility.
- Arab American National Museum 13624 Michigan Ave. & The Annex 13620 Michigan Ave. – Sidewalks and entrances only, stop service at buildings on either side. Service/pricing combined. Invoice to reflect both addresses.
- ACCESS Hope House 6470 Williamson St. - Lot, drive, sidewalks, emergency exits
- ACCESS Macomb Community Health & Research Center - Macomb County 4301 E. Fourteen Mile Rd. – Service/pricing combined with 4247 E. Fourteen Mile Rd. location as they share a parking lot. Lot, sidewalks, emergency exits & porches. Invoice to reflect both addresses.