ACCESS would like to replace the entire existing printer/copier fleet with new leased devices. The existing fleet is located at 8 sites throughout both Wayne and Macomb counties. The leasing contract must include consumables and device support throughout the contract term. Additionally, ACCESS would like a print monitoring solution integrated into the proposal.
ACCESS (Arab Community Center for Economic and Social Services) has been serving the community for more than 40 years. Founded by a group of dedicated volunteers in 1971 out of a storefront in Dearborn’s impoverished south end, ACCESS was created to assist the Arab immigrant population adapt to life in the United States.
Today, ACCESS is the largest Arab American human services nonprofit in the United States. With eight locations and more than 100 programs serving metro Detroit, ACCESS offers a wide range of social, economic, health and educational services to a diverse population.
ACCESS continues to honor its Arab American heritage while serving as a nonprofit model of excellence. The agency is dedicated to community-building, focused on service to those in need. Through initiatives like the Arab American National Museum (AANM), the National Network for Arab American Communities (NNAAC), ACCESS Growth Center, and the Center for Arab American Philanthropy (CAAP), ACCESS serves all Americans.
Scope of Work:
ACCESS is seeking proposals to refresh the entire organization’s printer fleet spread across 8 physical locations.
The fleet will be comprised of the following types of devices:
- 54 low to medium volume desktop monochrome laser printers.
- 7 medium volume color desktop multifunction laser printers.
- 19 high volume color multifunction laser printers with advanced finishing capabilities.
- 1 low volume laser MICR printer.
For reference, the organization’s current monthly print volume across all devices is roughly as follows:
- Total Print Volume (per month): 200461
- Total Monochrome Print Volume (per month): 179468
- Total Color Print Volume (per month): 20993
The chosen vendor will be responsible for shipping back the existing fleet and will be responsible for the physical deployment of the new fleet. The ACCESS IT department will be responsible for configuring the devices, print server configuration, and driver deployment.
Additionally, ACCESS would like print management software integrated into the proposal to enable more robust reporting, monitoring, and control functionality. This can be a product offered as SaaS, or a product hosted on premises.
- The vendor must provide an SLA regarding hardware support that allows the quick resolution of hardware related issues. The expectation is a technician is deployed to resolve hardware related issues within 24 hours of placing the service call.
- The proposal must include a recycling program for consumables at no cost.
- The proposal must include buyout options for the leased hardware with a projected cost of purchase at the end of the lease term provided up front.
- The lease agreement must be for a 3-year term.
- The leasing contract must be flexible to allow for the addition of more devices throughout the term of the lease while allowing for the agreement pertaining to any additional devices to expire with the rest of the fleet.
- The vendor must provide competitive cost-per-page rates.
The winning proposal will be selected based upon the following weighted criteria:
- Vendor qualifications and references: 20 points
- Technology (hardware and software): 40 points
- Price (leasing cost and cost-per-page): 40 points
Upon the receipt of proposals, ACCESS will evaluate and grade submissions based on the weighted criteria. ACCESS will eliminate all but 3 proposals, at which point meetings will be scheduled with the top 3 vendors to discuss the solutions being proposed.
Any questions regarding specific information not included in this document should be submitted to Oliver Berry – IT Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposals are to be received no later than July 1st, 2019. ACCESS will choose a winning proposal no later than July 15th, 2019.
Please submit all proposals to email@example.com.